Study Guide Here.
God not only supplies from his heavenly storehouse but also through the Body of Christ. In order for the Body of Christ to truly function as a supply and healing source, we have to relinquish our self-sufficiency and reclaim our dependency on Christ and His body.
Role #1: God in Control – People Yielding to His Control and Developing Self-Control
- How are you trying to control something or someone?
- What do you need to leave in God’s hands?
- When have you experienced regaining self-control by relinquishing attempts to control circumstances or other people?
Role #2: God as Rule Maker – People as Rule Keepers
- Consider an aspect of your life that is not working right now. Are some of God’s ways being violated in your life?
- By whom?
- Am I aware of God’s principles that guide my life?
- Which of God’s principles do you need to align yourself with to find healing and wholeness?
Role #3: God as Source – People as Dependent
- For what are you not depending on God?
- What keeps you from depending on people?
- What can you do to get past those obstacles?
- With whom are you able to share your deepest fears, hurts, and temptations?
Role #4: God as Judge of Life – People as Experiencers of Life
- Under whose judgment do you feel you sit?
- What fears or needs might lie behind that person’s behavior?
- Whose judge have you appointed yourself to be?
- What fears or needs are behind your behavior?
- To whom can you apologize for trying to play judge in his/her life?